Virus data in our district

Keeley Wright, Editor

There were a total of 1,490 new student cases and new 819 staff cases reported in Texas school districts by the end of the week of September 27th. However, there have been a total of 5,725 positive student cases and 4,132 positive staff cases since the beginning of the school year. Schools that had less than 50 on-campus learners during the first week of school were not included in the data chart (which means some of the largest schools in Texas were left out because their first week of school was online), but their information was added to the state database during the week of October 4th. 

During the first week of school, our area (football district) had a recorded total of 50 COVID-19 cases. However, Lago Vista could not be included in the count because they had not yet reported any positive on-campus cases. The entirety of Texas school districts had a whopping total of 1660 confirmed cases on campuses. By the end of the week of October 4th, this number had risen to 1698. With Lago Vista and Buffalo still listing no cases, we can assume that there are even more cases than have been recorded.

The following list contains the most up to date COVID-19 data in our district:

Mart- 1 student case in grades ee-3, 3 student cases in grades 7-12, 1 staff case 

Troy- 1 student case in grades ee-3, 1 staff case

Lago Vista- N/A

Madisonville-  1 student case in grades ee-3;5 student cases in grades 7-12; 1 student case in grades 4-6;Staff Cases: 3

Buffalo- N/A

Kemp- 1 student case in grades ee-3; 1 student case grades 7-12

Malakoff- 1 student case in grades 4-6; 10 student cases in grades 7-12; 2 staff cases

Groesbeck- 3 student cases in grades ee-3;2 student cases in grades 4-6; 3 student cases in grades 7-12; 1 staff case

Eustace- 1 student case in grades ee-3; 2 student cases in grades 4-6; 1 student case in grades 7-12

Fairfield-  1 student case in grades ee-3; 3 student cases in grades 7-12; 2 staff cases

Teague-  1 student case in grades ee-3, 3 student cases in grades 7-12; 1 staff case