Guerrero signs to play volleyball at ETBU

Sydney Smith, Staff Writer

Senior Macy Guerrero recently signed with East Texas Baptist University. The star athlete has been involved in many activities throughout her four years in high school. She is attending ETBU and majoring in Nursing and Christian Studies. 

“I plan on majoring in Nursing and Christian Studies. I will play volleyball and hopefully join a leadership group on campus. With God’s help, my goal is to become a medical missionary,” Guerrero said.

Sports have always been a part of Guerrero’s life. She has been the captain of the volleyball team and involved in cheer, track, and basketball. She has always been competitive and pushed herself to be amazing. All of her hard work and dedication shows on the court. 

“Being an athlete has given me an amazing work ethic and has also changed me to become the best version of myself,” Guerrero said. “I have always had this competitiveness in me that can definitely be seen on the court and now in my daily life. Being an athlete has taught me that no matter the situation, hard work and giving it your all will equal success.”

Not only is Guerrero a star athlete, but she is also a star student and leader. She is involved in many leadership events and organizations inside and outside of school.

“I’m the captain of the volleyball team, involved in cheer, track, basketball (9, 10th grade), president of Student Council, parliamentarian of NHS, member of HHS, business manager for Yearbook, cast in One Act Play, Lions for the Lord attendee and part of the leadership group at Eighth Avenue Baptist Church. I take all 5 point classes and I am currently in 3 dual credit classes,” Guerrero said. 

Guerrero has been an inspiration and leader for many people. She is always supportive and gives a helping hand to whoever is in need. 

“Let your passion be your drive and above all remember that you are more than enough and can accomplish anything you set your mind to! Don’t overwork yourself, it’s okay to not be okay and take time for yourself. In the end, your health and happiness matter above everything. Don’t forget, God loves you,” Guerrero said.