Senior Spotlight: Alexis Beldin

Keeley Wright, Staff Writer

From participating in band and twirling to softball, and studying at home, senior Alexis Beldin has her work cut out for her. But, she wouldn’t want it any other way. Beldin has been extremely successful in each of these activities, finding a perfect balance between work and play.

“Time management is the key to everything I do, from academic responsibilities, softball practices, band and twirling practices, Student Council and NHS meetings, UIL practices, to getting all my homework and dual credit work done,” Beldin said.

Juggling all of these activities is not easy, but Beldin makes it seem as though it is. She has received many awards, with some of her most impressive being the awards she’s received during twirling competitions. Beldin has competed at the State UIL Twirling competition four times, after earning a division 1 rating at the UIL Regionals (the highest possible score).

“I went to state my freshman, sophomore, and junior year for our twirling ensemble. I have also gone [to state] my sophomore and junior year for solo routines I choreographed myself,” said Beldin. At the end of last school year, she was elected twirling captain.

The High School Twirlers at Area Marching contest.
From left to right: Alexis Beldin, Keeley Wright, Kyndall Hullum, Laynie Korn

This year’s twirling ensemble has also advanced to the State level, and they will be competing the weekend of May 30th. She has also competed in UIL Solo and Ensemble for band while playing her flute, and currently sits first chair in her section. Beldin has been accepted to Sam Houston State University and plans on beginning her college career there.

“I plan on majoring in kinesiology with a concentration in clinical exercise science, and then continuing my education in physical therapy school,” said Beldin.

She will surely continue to accumulate many awards and achievements outside of high school by keeping up her amazing work ethic and attitude.

“I believe my biggest achievement so far is sticking to what I love to do and not giving up just because it’s a challenge.”