From the Files: November 2019

Trevor Farris, Staff Writer

November 25, 1942

“VICTORY CONCERT SELLS $2,467.75 IN WAR SAVINGS”

A Victory Concert, the admission to which was the purchase of a bond or stamp of any price, was conducted by the Morale Committee of the Youth Defense of Council Nov. 19.

After the band had played several numbers, the Junior Defense Council presented its program, which informed the parents of the students of Teague High  just what the work of the Junior Defense Council is. The mistress of ceremonies was Joyce Smiley. She presented the speakers of the evening, who were Lela Bell Patton, Johnny Youngblood, Herbert Day, Hilda Withers, Ceryl McDonald, Williams Tooke, Billy Joe Bonner, Irene Pope, and Metro Seely.

Musicals were given  by a boys’ and girls’ chorus. C.A. Umberfield and the O.M. Roberts students sang modern war songs. Miss Ruth Lee led the audience in some songs and the band concluded the program.

November 1, 2001

“FALL FEST 2001”

by Amber Fabrygel and Melissa Howard

On October 12, 2001, THS sponsored a Fall Fest Football game, in place of not having Homecoming this year. Friday night the Lions hosted the Fairfield Eagles. Opening ceremonies for the game consisted of parent night and the announcement of Brett Spurgeon and Melanie Bruce as Mr. and Miss Teague High School. The game started with a Teague touchdown in the first fifteen seconds giving the Lions a 7-0 lead. The game ended with the Teague Lions overpowering the Fairfield Eagles in a 24-7 victory. After the game, the Teague High School Student Council sponsored a Fall Fest dance. The theme of the dance was “Night of Enchantment”, and was a big hit with all THS students who attended.

Student Council is also sponsoring a “Kiss The Pig” Contest. The teacher candidate for the Freshman class is Mr. Bagwell, Sophomore class is Mrs. Mize, Junior class is Coach Lee, and the Senior class is Mr. Burger. So, support your class and donate money to see these teachers “Kiss The Pig!!”

Powderpuff is scheduled for November 15 at 7:00pm. You can pick up your sign-up sheets from Mrs. Waldrip. The Student Council hopes to have a safe and fun Powderpuff game, so sign up and have a ball.