National Honor Society inducts new members

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jazzy Torres, Staff Writer

The annual National Honor Society inductions were held on October 28th in the high school auditorium. NHS is a very selective organization where the students had to have above average grades and had to have a well rounded resume to be accepted. 

New inductees include senior Kolby Kennedy and juniors Lilah Craig, Zikeria Jones, Ian Fitzgerald, Laura Knight, Aiden Kyle, Jesseca McDaniel, Madison Bragg, Kendall Thompson, Ashley Davenport, Ethan Hullum, and Tori Skinner.

“These students are the best of the best,” said NHS adviser Megan Ashley.

At the induction, the inductees had to recite a pledge that they must stand by. The pledge states as follows:

I pledge myself to uphold the high purposes of the National Honor Society to which I have been selected; I will be true to the principles for which it stands; I will be loyal to my school; and will maintain and encourage high standards of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.

The current officers are very excited to have new members join them this year.

“I’m proud of all the students who were inducted this year and can’t wait to see how NHS impacts their future.” senior NHS president Hana Wills said. 

The inductees are also thrilled to have been chosen and ready to help their community.

“Being inducted into NHS will probably be one of my biggest accomplishments in high school! It’s nice to know that my hard work has not gone unrecognized,” junior inductee Lilah Craig said. “I look forward to serving my community through NHS!”