Twirlers to perform at state competition

Twirlers+Kyndall+Hullum%2C+Keeley+Wright%2C+and+Alexis+Beldin+happily+pose+with+their+medals+after+competing+at+the+regional+meet+in+Fairfield.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Twirlers Kyndall Hullum, Keeley Wright, and Alexis Beldin happily pose with their medals after competing at the regional meet in Fairfield.

Samantha Estrada, Staff Writer

The high school twirlers have advanced to the state competition after after a successful performance at the regionals, which took place at Fairfield High School on September 21. The state is scheduled for next spring.

Although it may seem that the twirlers effortlessly accomplished going to state, it definitely took time and dedication. 

“In preparation, we had a ton of extra practices. We really worked on all the technical parts of our routines to make [them] perfect,” junior twirler Keeley Wright said.

With the talent and hard work these girls have, it is no surprise that this will not be their first experience at the state competition. 

“Alexis, Keeley, and myself have all been to state to compete [before],” junior twirler Kyndall Hullum said. “We actually went in June to compete in Pflugerville. Although we did not get the scores that we hoped for, we still did an amazing job and we loved every minute of it!”

In addition to the girls advancing as a team, Wright also advanced individually with her solo routine.

“Although I wish that my teammates [would have] also advanced on their solos, I’m very proud of myself and my hard work. The trip to Pflugerville for the State competition is always super fun, so I’m still looking forward to experiencing that with them,” Wright said.

On Fridays during halftime, seeing the twirlers perform is one of the highlights of the night. Both teachers and students are left mesmerized by their wonderful performance.

“The twirlers always put on a great show,” Spanish teacher Miguel Rodriguez said. “Their hard work and dedication is very apparent.”