Orange and White

Mr. and Miss. Teague High School 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. and Miss. Teague High School 2019

Pictured above are this year’s Mr. and Miss.THS candidates standing with Mr.Clevenger, THS Principal, (far left) shortly after the winners were announced. The students from left to right are, Isaiah Bell, Brady Welch, Mr.THS Mychal Shed, Miss.THS Haylee Young, Bekah Parks, and Graysie Myers. Congratulations to each of you.

Graysie Myers, Staff Member

Each year Teague High School facility nominates students from the senior class as candidates for Mr. and Miss. Teague High School, Mr. and Miss. THS. These nominations are condensed to the most repetitively recommended three male students, and three female students. This year’s candidates were Isaiah Bell, Brady Welch, Mychal Shed, Haylee Young, Bekah Parks, and Graysie Myers.

After being nominated, each students name is placed on a ballot that is given to each high school student. Students then vote for one male, and one female student they feel best to represent Teague High School.

This year the award was presented between the Lady Lions and the Lions varsity basketball games on Friday, February 1st. The games started at 6 o’clock in the Varsity gym and were a showdown between the Lions, and the Groesbeck Goats. After the Lady Lion win, the award was presented.

This year’s Mr. and Miss. THS are Mychal Shed and Haylee Young. (Pictured below) Both students are beyond deserving, and display characteristics that represent not only Teague High School but also our district as a whole very well. Congratulations to the both of you, and best of luck the rest of the year.

Graysie Myers, Staff Writer

Graysie Myers is a senior here at THS. She is a Teague FFA officer, as well as an Area VIII FFA officer. She is this year’s yearbook head editor and...