Come Fellowship With Us!

Pictured+is+this+year%27s+Lions+For+The+Lord+team%2C+and+Mrs.Turner%2C+the+sponsor.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Come Fellowship With Us!

Pictured is this year's Lions For The Lord team, and Mrs.Turner, the sponsor.

Mallorie Sims

Mallorie Sims

Mallorie Sims

Graysie Myers, Staff Writer

Each Tuesday during lunch students gather for a time of fellowship, Bible study, prayer, and food! This organized time spent together is known as Lions for the Lord. This has been a student-led organization for over 20 years here at Teague High School.

Each year, a new team of leaders volunteers for a year of service. This year the leaders are Graysie Myers, Sr.; Macy Guerrero and Megan Holmes, Jr.; Ashley Davenport, So.; Gabby Myers and Kennedee Stroade, Fr. Our time together is held in Mrs. Turner’s classroom. This is her first year to be the sponsor of Lions for the Lord.

Lions for the Lord averages 40 attendees each week. This number is made up of both students and faculty. Everyone in attendance is offered pizza for lunch. This year we are trying something new! In the past, students signed up and paid $1 for each slice they ordered. Our new sponsor appealed to churches and community organizations and members who would like to sponsor or donate towards our weekly lunch.

As high school students, our biggest mission field is the school we attend on a daily basis. Saying this, we all benefit from our time spent together in Lions for the Lord.

All students and denominations are welcome at L4TL, room 123, every Tuesday at lunch. We hope to see you there!