Orange and White

Ask Agatha: April 11

Agatha Moore, Staff Writer

Dear Agatha, I’ve been doing abnormally well these past few weeks. I feel awake and happy but I keep thinking something has to go wrong. I’m being negative but I have no idea on how to change that. How do I let myself be happy when I’m happy ?

This is great news! When you spend a little while not being happy, then suddenly you are, it’s weird and you almost don’t know what to do with it. Sad to say though, there isn’t much instruction about letting yourself feel what you’re supposed to feel. All you have to do is tell yourself to feel this happiness while you can, just in case it slips away again.

Dear Agatha, my boss is so rude to me. I never stick up for myself but I feel like I should. I want to say something but I don’t know how to say it in the right way.

It’s scary just having a normal conversation with your boss, let alone calling him out. Don’t be afraid though, as long as your professional, then you have no need to worry. If I were you, I’d start off by thanking him for the opportunity to work here and you’ve really loved this job. After that, tell him how you feel and some situations that have made you feel that way. Make sure to not use a confrontation voice; be calm and collected so that he won’t take it the wrong way. I’m sure he will apologize and you guys and your job will be just fine!

Dear Agatha, my mom and I got into a huge fight about a week ago and we aren’t speaking to each other. Funny thing is that it was over something so irrelevant! I wanna talk to her and apologize for my part but what am I supposed to say? “Hey sorry it’s been a week I feel bad let’s be friends again.” I know I want to apologize and tell her I love her but I’m not sure how to say it in a way that she won’t think I’m being sarcastic or that I want something from her.

We fight with our moms, it’s inevitable. You don’t have to say any fancy words or talk the length of a novel. All you have to do is tell her how you feel. She will be able to tell what your intentions are by the way your body language is and your voice. Your mom loves you more than you could imagine. She will know you’re being genuine and you guys will be back up and running again. Good luck!