Orange and White

Senior Spotlight: Makayla Grabs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight: Makayla Grabs

Jazmin Morales, Staff Writer

Senior Makayla Grabs is an outgoing individual who is always the sunshine on a rainy day. She is the kind of person who puts her friends and family first and will be there for literally anyone that needs anything. Grabs is also involved in extra curricular activities such as the high-school marching band for 4 years, and in FFA for 5 years.

At first, Grabs did not know anything about showing, nor had a clue she would be doing it, but it then became her new favorite activity.

“What made me want to show heifers is a friend that introduced me to it, and I thought it was pretty unique and interesting,” Grabs said. “My mom showed me beef master heifers as well so that really directed me to try to start showing. I didn’t know what I was doing at first, but I have a great ag teacher that taught me everything I needed to know.”

Grabs has spent a lot of dedicated time everyday with her heifers (CC and Buddy), preparing them for their competitions. Out of 8 contestants, she placed 6th place at a livestock show in Fort Worth. Showing is more of a passion for Grabs, not a hobby; and she enjoys doing what she loves.

“Of course I want 1st place and grand champion, but I mostly do it for the fun and simply because I love it,” Grabs said. “As soon as I go out in the show ring, I get those excited butterflies, and love every minute of it. I just show them what I got and give it my all.”

After graduating highschool, Grabs plans to get her basic requirements at Navarro College, then transfer to McLennan Community College to pursue her dream job of going into the medical field, and becoming a pediatric nurse.

“My parents inspired me to follow into their footsteps of becoming a nurse,” Grabs said. “I always knew I wanted to become a nurse. I love helping people, especially kids. The best of both worlds for my dream job you could say.”

Grabs impacts others in a positive way with her incredibly upbeat attitude that she brings with her everyday, even outside of class. She always get manages to get what needs to get accomplished.

“Everybody knows I do not have favorites, but Makayla was and still is one of my faves,” English teacher Dana Cotton said. “She was a bright spot in one of my most challenging classes. I could always count on her to take care of business with the best attitude whether she was feeling it or not. I know she will do great things and go far in life with her great, positive attitude.”

Jazmin Morales, Staff Writer

Jazmin Morales is a senior at Teague high-school and is a part of the Journalism program. Not to mention she is involved in many extra circular activities...