She said “YES!”

Back to Article
Back to Article

She said “YES!”

Jazmin Morales, Staff Writer

Last Friday’s senior pep rally started off normal: the football boys ran in, the cheerleaders performed their routine, and band played some show tunes. The seniors were called down to the gym floor for their last pep rally game, a tradition at THS. While everyone was getting settled, Mrs. Welch called out Fred Harper and handed him the microphone.

“I thought he was being called up for a pep talk,” Kierra Streefkerk, senior, said. “I was thinking to myself, ‘You don’t talk in front of big crowds. What are you doing?'”

That’s when Fred walked toward Kierra and all their classmates start surrounding them. He then gets on one knee and proposes.

“I was completely breathless and my emotions got the best of me,” Streefkerk said. “I had waited for that moment for a while now. I know we are young but when you know, you know.”

From being high-school sweethearts since freshmen, to soon to be college sweethearts, the two are excited to start a new chapter in their life and have each other by their side every step of the way.

“I am excited to see how we will work together as a couple while being in college,” Streefkerk said. “I am also excited about our soon-to-be wedding. Just so y’all know…everyone is invited!”

THS wishes Kierra and Fred many blessings for their future together. Congratulations you guys!